New version of the articles of association of the German Haiku Society eV Approved at the general meeting on May 4, 2019
§ 1 name and registered office
1. The association bears the name "Deutsche Haiku-Gesellschaft eV"
2. It is based in Hamburg. The place of jurisdiction is Hamburg. The association is to be entered in the Hamburg Register of Associations.
3. The fiscal year is the calendar year.
§ 2 purpose
The association pursues exclusively and directly non-profit purposes in the sense of the section “Non-profit purposes” according to § 52 Paragraph 2 No. 5 of the Tax Code.
1. The special concern of the association is the promotion and maintenance of haiku and related forms in the German-speaking area.
2. He intends to work with literary scholars and authors. The purposes of the articles of association are achieved through regular information for the members united in society, through offers and opportunities for cooperation in the form of regional, national and worldwide correspondence mediation, through scientific and literary cooperation at regional and national conferences as well as international meetings ,
3. The association is selflessly active; it does not primarily pursue its own economic purposes. Funds from the association may only be used for statutory purposes. No person may benefit from expenses that are alien to the purpose of the company or from disproportionately high remuneration.
§ 3 membership
Every legal and natural person of legal age can become a member of society, regardless of their nationality. The Board of Directors decides on the application for membership. If the application is rejected, the board is not obliged to give its reasons. Honorary members are appointed by decision of the general assembly.
§ 4 Membership ends with death, declaration of resignation or exclusion
The declaration of resignation is made in writing to the Executive Board at the latest one month before the end of the calendar year.
The board decides on the exclusion. It is pronounced by a three-quarters majority.
Reasons for exclusion:
Gross violation of the interests of the association, discrimination against a member, discrimination or complication of work within or outside of society, arrears after two reminders.
An objection can be raised against an exclusion. The next general assembly will decide on this.
§ 5 contributions
An annual fee is charged from each member, payable by March 01.03st. of a calendar year. The general meeting decides on the determination of the amount of the annual fee. Members can be exempted from the annual fee by decision of the board.
§ 6 Association organs
Organs of society are
a) the general assembly
b) the board
§ 7 General meeting
The general meetings are convened by the board. A general meeting must take place every two years.
An extraordinary general meeting can be called by the board or by at least twelve members stating the reason and will then take place within the next six months.
The general meeting must be called in writing, stating the agenda, with a period of four weeks. The period begins on the day following the sending of the invitation letter. A properly convened general assembly is quorate.
Members can authorize another member in writing to vote on their behalf. Each member may only have a maximum of 5 votes including their own vote. All votes must be voted equally.
The general assembly decides on the contributions, the election and discharge of the board, changes to the articles of association as well as any proposals. Applications for the general assembly must be submitted to the board eight days before the assembly. This does not apply to amendments to the articles of association. These require 2/3 of the votes of the members present and must be made so early that they can be announced to the members with the agenda. The general assembly decides on motions by a simple majority, unless the statutes provide otherwise.
Each general meeting elects two auditors. You may not belong to the board. Reelection is permitted.
A record must be made of the resolutions of the general assembly and, if necessary to understand how they came about, of the essential course of the negotiations. It is signed by the chairman of the meeting and the secretary.
§ 8 Board
1. The board consists of at least three and a maximum of nine people. A member of the Executive Board is charged with managing the cash register. The board of directors is elected by the general assembly. The board members can be elected by block elections.
The board is elected for two years. He runs the business on a voluntary basis. Reelection is permitted.
2. The board can set up committees and appoints their chair.
3. The association is jointly represented by two board members.
§ 9 minutes
Minutes are to be prepared for board meetings.
§ 10 dissolution
The dissolution of the company can only be decided in a special extraordinary general meeting to be convened for this purpose with one month's notice. The meeting also decides on the type of liquidation. If the association is dissolved or abolished, its assets will fall to the general German literature archive in Marbach (Schillerhöhe 8 in 71672 Marbach am Neckar).
Traben Trarbach, May 4, 2019